1.15.2009

Me, The Missing, and the Dead: Review


I'll be naughty and take this summary from the front flap (just because it's what grabbed me):


ME: Lucas Swain--I'm nearly sixteen years old and live in London. I was fairly normal until the night i found Violet. Then everything changed.

THE MISSING: Dad. He disappeared five years ago. Nodbody knows what happened to him, and nobody cares except me. It's enough to drive you crazy.

THE DEAD: That's Violet...in the urn. Speaking of crazy--I know she's trying to tell me something, and I think it's about my father...

A dead lady may not be much to go on, but my dad's out there somewhere, and it's up to me to find out where.


Hooked? I thought so :)
Unfortunately, the rest of the book isn't as exciting as the flap. It's written from a guy perspective, which, though realistic, was personally boring to me (as a girl). But that's probably just prejudice, eh? haha...
So I wasn't too fond of the style. Also, Me, The Missing, and the Dead is very short, so there's not much room for a big ole' hairy plot. It's quick and to the point. There's a twist, but I didn't feel a full resolution.
But still, if I had read this review before picking MM&D up, I still would have read the book. Kudos to author Jenny Valentine for her extraordinary front flap!
Aaahh.. I amuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment about anything!

Hit Counters