10.18.2008

Hiking Trip

Hey all! So I haven't posted in a while, I know I know...
I just finished The Lighthouse Land, which was all right. I sent in the review but forgot to save it to post here. And I'm lazy and don't care enough about it to write another review (sorry...). It was pretty good overall though; I don't want to dissuade you from it.
SO another reason I haven't posted in a while is because I went on a 3-day hiking trip in Virginia with my dad. It was incredible, so I thought I would tell you about it and post some pictures :)
So, first day we drive 3.5 hours to Virginia (i forget what the park is called.. hm). We get there, and I have no clue what to expect (having never been camping) except for what my dad forewarned me about cold showers. I can deal with cold showers, so it doesn't bother me that much. So long as I have s'mores. :D (which I did have a LOT of might I add...)
We got there and a very creepy but nice park ranger announced to my pleasant surprise that they indeed did have warm showers. So we trotted off to set up camp.
We set up camp and head off on our first hike, which lasts about 3 hours. Here is a picture from that:
YES I did see wild ponies!
. This next one was on like a hill on a mountain. A REALLY big hill. I can't remember what it's called. With an astonishing view. Then we went back to camp, I learned how to build a fire, we ate, and when it got dark went out to another huge hill with rocks on top of it. The moon was full, so we hardly needed our flashlights as we climbed the trail. I am very depressed I didn't get a picture of how amazing God's glory was that I saw in this wilderness. It was majestic, awesome, increadible, overwhelming. Not enough adjectives, yet too many at once. I think a pictures would have ruined it anyway unless I had an SLR. *sigh* Then I went back and went to sleep. The next day we hiked 3.5 miles up VERY rocky terrain to the top of Mount Rodgers, the highest point in virginiaaa! [rah rah] It was awesome hiking up there, but there were trees so it wasn't a spectacular view or anything. After lunch we hiked back DOWN 3.5 hours. Incase you were wondering, I did fall. alot. I actually have a video of one time I fell.. I was taking the video then you hear me do a little embarrassing shriek... yeah. Oh, a picture from that: And me posing as a silhouette ;) thought you'd like that... "Gone With the Wind" reminiscent, haha. Anyhow, I should probably stop before I make this too long. I could go on forever and ever, but it was an amazing trip :) Now I'm back home reading 4 books at once, but its also nice to be home.

9 comments:

  1. YAY the pictures finally worked.
    they were bugging me to high heavens... grr :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gone with you! But I don't know how I could have walked 4 miles in one day! Tiresome!

    The pictures are really great. One of my favorites was the silouette (Did I spell that right?) one on the hill.

    It must have been quite an adventure! Do you have family in Virginia?

    So it was your first camping trip... I've never went on one before and I don't know if I could handle it. But maybe someday!

    -GirlwiththeBraids

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES it was definitely very tiresome! But I got to drink out of a canteen, which was really exciting for me since I have only read about or seen it in a movie, haha.
    No, I don't have family in virginia .. I wish I did so I could go up there more, but no. :(
    You should go someday! I think you'd like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture with the pony---awwwwwww! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, you got really close to that pony! nice..:) I'm glad you had fun, hiking and camping and just being out in the middle of nowhere is a wonderful experience.

    loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know it really is :D
    I can't imagine how amazing moscow is though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad you had fun, but i can't really relate....i hate camping :P

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment about anything!

Hit Counters