9.22.2008

Dragons Dragons!


What with Brisingr coming and all, I was in a mood for dragons (No, of course it didn't have anything to do with auditioning for the Dragonsong play...Okay, maybe that was part of it.) So, off to the library and I picked up DragonSong, a kid's book by Anne McCaffrey. I have to say, I haven't read a book like that in a while!
I absolutely LOVED it! It had such imagination, such fantasy. I felt like I was in another world, not reading about a made-up one. And how she came up with all of that? I mean, unless it was a dream or something, that's incredible! I feel so much for Menolly and all of the characters. Oh, let me give you a little info about the book:

Menolly is a very gifted musician, a "harper" they are called in her world. Only problem is, her father doesn't believe girls can, or rather should, be musicians. But when Menolly runs away to be free of him, she encounters something she'd only sung about. And they're awful pretty. Can they help her?

AH I am SO excited about auditioning. I know I can't get my hopes up, but I would be so happy with any part in this play! I'm anxious to see what the script looks like O.o

1 comment:

Feel free to comment about anything!

Hit Counters